The Conversations in Families programme gives inmates the opportunity to reflect on their families and on the effect of their imprisonment on families. It aims to lay the ground for a family conference.
The process aims to help inmates to build and re-build their family relationships as they once again take their place in the ‘home’.
The programme consists of 5 conversations:
- Conversation 1 – What do we mean by ‘family?
- Conversation 2 – Remembering our parents
- Conversation 3 – Remembering our childhood
- Conversation 4 – Remembering our children 9
- Conversation 5 – Personal relationships
- Preparing for the family conference
The programme ends with a Family conference. Members of your family will be invited to come together for a joint meeting. At this meeting family members will have the opportunity to meet and talk heart-to-heart about the impact of imprisonment for all, and their concerns, fears and hopes for the future.